"When love is deep, much can be accomplished"
2017-2018 Studio Policies
The following rules pertain to anyone entering the piano studio. No exceptions.
- No electronics may be used in the studio unless you are using them to take notes or record video information. This includes, but is not limited to: smart phones, tablets, computers, portable gaming devices, etc.
- Go to the bathroom BEFORE you come to your lesson. For children under the age of 6, parents must accompany them in the studio bathroom.
- Have all books ready when the lesson starts. Hand all books to the teacher before you bow to begin the lesson.
- Wear shoes AND socks. Remove shoes when you come in the door and put on provided house slippers before coming into the studio area.
- Have the recording play at least once every day.
- Regular practice at least five days per week is expected and regular practice every day is recommended.
- Unless otherwise instructed, a parent must sit with and help the child during every practice session.
- Parent practicing with the student MUST attend EVERY lesson and take notes.
- Be on time for your lesson. Persistent lateness or absence, particularly if I have not been notified, may be grounds for expulsion from the studio.
- 24-hour notice of a lesson cancellation is required unless due to unforeseen accident or sickness.
- 2 makeup lessons are allowed per student per year. Understand, however, that my schedule may not easily allow for these makeups and they must be performed within a month of the original missed lesson. Please make every effort to attend every scheduled lesson. Lessons missed due to teacher cancellation will, of course, always be made up.
- Have fingernails cut, hair done, clothes on correctly etc. BEFORE you arrive at your lesson. Lesson start time will not be delayed for any reason.
- Observation of other lessons is expected.
- Students must attend Winter and Spring Recitals and performance will be expected unless the student is still at the Pre-Twinkle level. All effort will be made to make the time and location convenient for everyone.
- Clothing must not display inappropriate, explicit or offensive messages.
- Jewelry may not hinder playing the piano in any way: No rings, watches, earrings that hang more than an inch down from your ear.
- Recital shoes may not have a heel higher than one inch.
- Parents, please be sure that recital attire will allow your child to play comfortably (i.e. no extremely voluminous skirts, tight bodices, clothing that is much too small, etc.) Be sure and try on the clothes a week ahead of time and practice your recital piece wearing those clothes!
- Should you decide to quit piano study, I must receive 2 weeks notice. No refund for payments already made will be given but you will not be responsible for any payments that may remain on your contract.
- Always treat your teacher, your parent, your child, your fellow student, your spouse or partner and anyone else you meet with respect and kindness. Remember Suzuki is not just about playing the piano!
- Studio Location: 260 NW 114th Ave, Portland, OR 97229
- Lesson Time: Lesson times will not run over their allotted time slot so please be sure and ask any questions or voice any concerns during your assigned lesson time. Everyone has schedules to keep and I need to keep mine as consistent as possible! Please help me with this!
A $50 per family registration, office materials and recital fee is due with your registration form and first tuition payment.
Parent Education Tuition: $155
This covers 4 weeks of parent education BEFORE your child begins formal lessons.
Regular Tuition: Includes 42 lessons per year and all recitals and play-ins
Monthly: $170 per month
Bi-Yearly: $1000 (Due September & February) (3% discount)
Yearly: $1960 (Due September) (5% discount)
Registrations for 2017-2018 are due August 7, 2017 along with your registration/materials/recital fee.
All tuition payments are due at the first lesson for that month